Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Hate Sexism!..I hate mean..

Tonight I want to blog about hope.

Most of you know I am a political junkie. I love the political battles that take place world wide.....

OH WAIT...I promised to blog about todays 13K ...10K.... So quickly........I messed up and re-calibrated my ipod in the middle of having to track a 10K...it was dumb and was just because I had not prepared properly. The lesson was an once of prevention=a pound of cure...or in my case 2.3 miles of cure....

But that pales in comparison to what I want to say tonight...and I could've gone on for like 2 paragraphs about the story of my run....but not tonight.

I have hope...for a historic White House...either the first African American or the first Women will be in the 1 or 2 position...Monumental...though if Gretch was Pres. we could have both ;).

In politics I track both sides...but tonight I am pretty mad at how they are attacking Palin.

Say what you want about her politics...her "lack" of experience (though anyone who knows anything about US politics knows she is more qualified as an executive than any of the other 3 candidates)...Go for it...that is how we "do" politics in America.

But I just read some blogs...I just read some accusations.....and I heard earlier some of the lamest things I have ever heard said...it was mean.

I heard a television host call her a "stewardess"
I read a blog accusing her of "faking" her pregnancy (true or not who the hell cares...she can have her reasons)
I saw another blog from a major television pundit saying that her disabled child was her fault.
I heard her opposition say a veiled attack towards her just because she is a women.


I want to scream this...so instead I am going to whisper it....

this is just mean....

and that saddens me....

Ever hear the word hypocrite...well it means actor...and that is what we are now seeing come clear...actors.

Liars!

I hate it...this subtle sexism of the moment.

I hate that my daughters (you know who you are) would ever have to hear these types of attacks.

I know you can take it...I know you will stand strong...

But I was taught to always stand with those under attack (whether or not they need me to) and that a person should never have to stand up for themselves if others are in ear shot.

Believe me...I know anyone CAN stand up for themselves...but in my own life I have a champion much bigger than myself...and I know that I will never stand alone before God or anyone else...and I want to model that for my friends and others.

Maybe the conclusion of this is simply...I hate it

sexism ...racism ...ageism...or other ism's...

What am I learning from this?...Stay on topic David...stay on the arguments that matter David....keep your eye on the ball David....stay off the personal and stay on the subject David...

and stand up...stand tall...and speak strongly against meanness.

Melissa..I am not sure who you were talking about...but I will stand with you.
Sarah Palin..I will stand with you.
McCain..I will stand with.
Obama..I will stand with you.

and yes...most of all....

Trig...I will stand with you too (or crawl)!

Make no mistake...this is evil...and together we must stand...

.........................together.

I have hope for this Great Nation...I have hope...

I have hope that while being justice centered..while arguing our points..while discussing differences we could do it nicely.

Tonight evil...meanness...and the lot...well I'm your new biggest nightmare...

I am now an "outed" enemy of yours.....

and I will drag you screaming into the light....

at any cost!